LINEUP Game Management Policy
1. General Management Policy
1) The purpose of this Management Policy is to provide more coherent and fair services and
protect the rights of customers who use LINE UP Smartphone Service (“Service”) provided by LINE
UP Corporation (“Company”) for various issues that may occur in the “Service”.
2) To provide better service and for efficient management, “Company” may amend/change/remove
Management Policy without violating any related legislation. When “Company” makes changes, it
shall notify users through service board from 7 days before the changes become effective until a
day before the changes become effective. However, if the amendments put the customer at
disadvantage, the change will be notified 30 days before with same procedure.
3) Management policy is “Company’s” regulation which defines general management principles,
including restrictions on customers violating their duty in order to quickly and coherently
respond to issues which may occur during the “Service”. “Company” provides services in
accordance with management policy.
4) Items which are not covered in this management policy may be adjusted in accordance with
terms and conditions as well as the intent of this management policy along with social norm,
general sentiment, related legislation and commercial practice.
2. Definitions of Terms
The terms in this management policy are defined as follows:
1) “Manager” refers to “Company” personnel who facilitate the best service experience for
customers, or a person the “Company” has authorized to do so.
2) “Customer” refers to a person who has entered into an agreement with “Company” and uses its
3) “Name” refers to all names the customer sets such as nickname and character name.
4) “Account information” refers to the ID the customer has set to use the “Service” or the
information that “Company” has assigned.
5) “Game information” refers to entire or portion of information related to game play including
acquired items, game money, score, and achievements.
6) “Rude and abnormal behavior” refers to all behaviors that violate the related legislation,
as well as the behaviors that violate the social norm including theft, cash transaction, abuse
of bugs and system, use of an illegal program, impersonation, fraud, abusing, spamming, invasion
of privacy, obstruction of processing service operation, cursing and slandering, and any
behavior which harms others.
7) “Theft” refers to all behaviors that involve another person’s account including damaging
another person’s game information (account information, money, character, etc.) without consent,
and paying with another person’s registered payment information without consent.
8) “Cash transaction” refers to exchanging the game information for cash or spot goods,
attempting such exchange, or acting as a broker for such exchange.
9) “Abuse bugs and system” refers to causing damage to “Company” or other users or deriving
benefit from vulnerability of the “Service” (bug, system errors, etc.).
10) “Use of illegal program” refers to programs, devices, and equipment made to obstruct normal
service operation, to infringe copyright, or to change, damage, or counterfeit related data.
11) “Impersonation” refers to impersonating another under a different name, identity, etc.
12) “Fraud” refers to impressing or deceiving a third party with false information, or to cause
damage by such behavior.
13) “Abusing” refers to acquiring certain game information (score, record, item, game money,
etc.) in bulk or facilitating such behavior by using the game repeatedly, regularly, or
irregularly in a way which was not intended in the game planning.
14) “Spamming” refers to repeatedly posting or uploading text or pictures on boards or spaces
alike in order to express one’s opinion or complaints, or to show interest in doing so.
15) “Obstruction of game operation” refers to interfering or interrupting the normal use of the
“Service” in order to cause harm to a third party.
16) “Invasion of privacy” refers to exposing or abusing the private information of a third
17) “Suspension” refers to the suspension of game service or various community services
(posting, etc.) within a certain period of time.
18) “Payment fraud” refers to purchases of services using the stolen credit card,
landline/mobile phone, or bank account of a third party.
19) “Abuse of Open Market” refers to taking undue profits by abusing any policy or process
related to member registration, game usage, payment, payment cancellation, or refund governed
by the open market vendor.
20) "Abnormal sign in” refers to signing in which is not approved by “Company” including
signing in with a deliberate purpose to wrongfully acquire game items or money.
3. Customer’s Role and Responsibilities
1) Customer must comply with “Company’s” terms and conditions as well as its management policy.
Customer shall take responsibility for damages caused as a result of violating management
2) Customer has the right to selectively enjoy all game and service components.
3) “Company” owns the right to all customer’s service-related information (character, item,
game money, etc.), and authorizes customer with the right to use relevant information.
4) Customer must sign in with his/her own personal information. If the user is signed in with
false information or under another person’s name, “Company” shall not provide any kind of
protection, shall exclude customer from participating in events, and restrict the usage of the
5) Customer must maintain or renew the submitted information in order to keep it accurate.
Customer shall not permit a third party to use the provided information.
6) Customer must not gain profit from the “Service” in any way without the consent of the
7) Customer must not copy, duplicate, change, translate, or publish the information acquired by
the “Service” of “Company”, nor can he/she provide it to others.
8) Customer is responsible to be well-acquainted with official information provided by
“Company” or the “Service”. Neither the “Company” nor “Service” is responsible for any damages
caused by not being well-acquainted with such information.
9) Customer must notify “Company” when discovering vulnerability of the “Service” (bug, system
error, account theft, illegal program, etc.), or when it occurs. Customer must not tell other
customers about it nor abuse it. If the customer abuses the vulnerability or tells others
without notifying “Company”, it will be deemed as intentional indecent behavior and may be
lawfully sanctioned in accordance with usage restriction policy of Act 9 or other related
10) Customer must respect rights of others including the copyright. If a piece of work is used
without the owner’s consent, “Company” shall regard it as copyright infringement in accordance
with current copyright law. Therefore, customer must notify “Company” to take proper measures
when he/she discovers the relevant information.
11) Customer has the right to make appeals or to request correction in accordance with proper
methods and procedures when damage has been caused or they have been unfairly treated in the
“Service”. If the customer was unfairly treated or was damaged by another customer, he/she has
the right to notify “Company” and request this policy to be executed on the accused.
12) Customer may make inquiries, suggestions, or requests regarding the “Service” as follows: ①
[Customer Center] within the game (Settings > Customer Center) ② “Company” promises to promptly
respond to inquiries, suggestions, and requests. However, please understand that the response
may be delayed due to the workload.
4. Management’s Role and Responsibilities
2) Management shall not inquire into, modify, expose, nor distribute customer’s personal
information. However as an exception, when a governmental or private agency requests personal
information in accordance with legitimate procedures, management may provide it to the relevant
3) Management shall receive all kinds of bug and error reports from customers via Customer
Center or community sites, and they shall be responded to and modified accordingly in a timely
4) Management shall not direct customer on how to play nor suggest the goal that needs to be
reached in the “Service”, other than the official information provided on game guidelines and
5) In principle, management shall not get involved in nor interfere in customers’ normal
activities or disputes which occur in the “Service”.
6) Management may restrict the “Service” partially or entirely if they believe unintentional
internal/external phenomena impede the stable provision of the “Service”.
7) According to Article 8, 9, and 10 of Operational Policy, management may take various actions
on service usage of certain customers or groups whose behavior violates Operational Policy or
impedes stable provision of the “Service”.
8) For circumstances which are not indicated in this policy and impede stable provision of the
“Service”, management may warn or request customers or groups about a particular behavior. If
they do not accede, management may restrict usage or forcefully sign them out.
5. Managing Accounts
1) “Company” makes an effort to protect customers’ account information. However, the customer
is the primary responsible party for managing account information.
2) Customers are responsible for all outcomes of a third party using their personal information
such as ID and password. Customers are also responsible for all damages done to the “Service”
subsequent to neglectful account management, as well as its illegal usage by a third party.
“Company” shall not be held responsible.
3) “Company” may put restrictions in place in accordance with Operation Policy without prior
notice, in case customers attempt to exchange account information, characters, or items for
cash/spot goods. Customer who entered account information is responsible for the entire outcome.
Furthermore, account information, characters, and items may not be traded nor transferred.
6. Restoration Policy
1) In case the game information such as character, item, game money, etc. is lost or changed
due to technical error or causes attributable to “Company”, “Company” shall restore game
information as long as its objective information and material is confirmed with data.
2) The game information shall not be restored when lost or changed due to negligence or
customer’s mistake or due to customer being unfamiliar with notices on game service or notice
3) Customer shall personally register such issue. Registration by a third party is not
4) “Company” shall not restore the data in the following situations even when it is
In case the account information belongs to a third party and more than 7 days have passed since
reporting the damage caused by sharing, transferring, or selling the account information to a
third party, and damage is caused by fraud in the “Service”. In such case, “Company” may track
the perpetrator and restrict his/her usage. All items and game money will be retrieved.
5) According to the judgment based on service plan or operation, customer’s game information
may be modified, changed, or deleted. In such case, they will be notified in advance and the
game information may not be restored.
7. Naming Policy
1) In principle, customer is free to name characters, guilds, as well as choose his/her own
nickname in the “Service”. However as an exception, management is authorized to change names in
the following circumstances. If the same issue is repeated, additional restrictions may apply.
Names which make others feel unpleasant; names with offensive, vulgar, suggestive, or
commercial connotation; sexist or racist names; names with intention to criticize, deprecate, or
slander a specific person, organization, group, region, or religion; names with an intention to
impersonate a “Company”, an employee, personnel, or management, or names which may be recognized
as such; names which may infringe copyright, trademark, or other rights of a third party; names
which violate relevant law; and names which management deems in need of change.
2) In circumstances other than the Clause 1 above, character names or nicknames shall not be
initialized or changed. However, management may change names in inevitable circumstances for
stable provision of the “Service”.
8. Standard on Rude and Abnormal Behavior
1) “Rude and abnormal behavior” refers to all behaviors which violate related legislation as
well as behaviors which are socially unacceptable including theft, cash transaction, abusing of
bug and system, use of illegal program, impersonation, fraud, abusing, spamming, invasion of
privacy, obstruction of processing service operation, cursing and slandering, and any behavior
which harms others.
2) Take extra precautions as game usage or customer qualification may be restricted when a
behavior mentioned in Clause 1 is detected.
3) Some examples of “behaviors which violate social norm” from Clause 1 are as follows, and
more may be added when it is objectively clear that it is socially unacceptable: ① offensive,
vulgar, or obscene words ② suggestive and vulgar behavior ③ (potential) infringement of
copyright or trademark of a third party ④ impersonation of management, developer, NPC of the
“Service” or behavior which may evolve to fraud ⑤ intent for cash or account transaction ⑥
intentional behavior to harm others ⑦ behavior deemed to be related to illegal activities ⑧
behavior deemed to intentionally deprecate or criticize a particular religion, race, region,
nation, organization, gender, etc. ⑨ behavior which makes other users feel uncomfortable or
4) Activities which impede public peace and fine custom in game chat room, homepage, community
within the game, and other communities acknowledged by “Company” may cause serious damage to
other customers. Therefore, publishers of the posts or users behaving rudely may be removed for
the following posts or activities: ① for-profit, advertisement, or content similar to
advertisement ② attempt to make cash, account, or server transaction; attempt to instigate other
customers ③ acts extremely offensive to another “Company”, customer, or a third party; defaming
with slander ④ information, sentences, or figures which violate the Juvenile Protection Act or
putting links ⑤ encouraging piracy or hacking ⑥ objectively deemed to be connected to crime ⑦
infringement of copyright or other rights of another user or a third party ⑧ violation of
posting policy set by “Company” or posts unsuitable to the nature of the board ⑨ spreading false
information or causing potential misunderstanding among several customers ⑩ spamming; or posts
with offensive or vulgar words and expressions ⑪ impersonation of management or “Company”
employee ⑫ violation of policy or other relevant legislation
9. License Restrictions
If this license is violated, all usage of the “Service” is strictly prohibited, your restricted
license may be cancelled immediately, and you may be held liable for illegal activities.
You agree not to perform the following activities in any circumstances:
1) Activities which LINE UP considers to be against the spirit or intention of LINEUP services;
or inappropriate usage of LINEUP services
2) Cheats, exploitation, automated software, bot, hacking program, user-made game, or
disapproved third party software designed to change or impede LINEUP game or game history; or
make or cause changes to a portion of LINEUP game or service files without the explicit written
consent of LINEUP
3) Overloading, impeding, or supporting such overload or impediment on computer or server
(“server”) used to provide or support services or LINEUP game environment
4) Commencing, supporting, or being involved in aggressive activity (including but not limited
to distributing a virus, making attacks for denial of service, and impediment of service usage
by a third party)
5) Attempting to inappropriately access network connected to account, or server connected to
the “Service” by another person or computer via methods other than the user interface provided
by LINE UP (including but not limited to changing or circumventing security, technology, device,
or software that is a part of the “Service”, or its attempt; or aiding or abetting someone who
6) Making posts containing content which abuses rights, is threatening, vulgar, defaming, or
slandering content; or is unpleasant or discriminative content referring to race, gender,
7) Making posts including nudity, extreme violence, or unpleasant topics, or links to such
8) Attempting or instigating taunting, bothering, or harming others or groups including LINE UP
employees as well as Customer Service representatives
9) Infringement of individual or corporate copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy,
publicity, or other rights, or enabling data or materials which impersonate another person
(including but not limited to LINE UP employees) via “Service”
10) Attempting to get data from the “Service” or LINE UP games by reverse engineering,
decompiling, disassembling, or decoding through methods which are not explicitly allowed by LINE
UP, in order to extract source code of the base software or other intellectual property used to
provide services or LINE UP games
11) Attempting to obtain personal information from the “Service” or other LINE UP game users,
or to collect or post someone’s personal data (including personal identity [all forms including
text, image, and video], identification, or financial information) via the “Service”
LINE UP is authorized to decide whether an activity violates usage regulations or this service
agreement, as well as whether it violates the intention or the spirit of this agreement. LINE UP
is also authorized to take necessary measures, including closing your account and partially or
entirely prohibiting your usage of the “Service”.
10. Policy on Usage Restrictions
1) If Management Policy is violated, service usage may be restricted without prior notice.
2) If it is restricted in accordance with the Management Policy, objections may be made
according to the following procedure: ① Game > Customer Center > 1:1 Inquiry ② The objection
must be registered within 7 days of the restriction.
3) Game usage restrictions may be made as follows: ① Management may change restriction period
and method. ② Restrictions may be extended if the same case is repeated. ③ For activities which
may not be applicable to the descriptions above, management may restrict usage after making an
objective judgment. ④ “Company” may retrieve items or game money which were obtained via rude or
abnormal behavior. ⑤ In case of damages done to “Company” by rude or abnormal behavior,
“Company” may take additional legal actions against “customer” to claim for damages.
11. Standard on Community Operation
1) The objective of community within the “Service” (chatroom, board, etc.) and community sites
(social media, official café, etc.) is for customers to exchange various information related to
the “Service”, to have general conversation, and to share opinions about “Company” and the
2) Based on this principle, “Company” shall make its best effort to create a healthy community
and to provide stable community services. However, it shall not be responsible for the loss of
board data caused by an unexpected accident, natural disasters, or other technical issues.
3) In principle, “Company” shall not interfere in disputes among community users. However, it
may partially interfere or mediate the dispute after considering its severity or its impact to
other community users. Furthermore, “Company” may restrict usage of community without any prior
notice based on its importance and in accordance with Clause 3 of Community Operation.
4) “Company” may delete or move posts or comments to another board which are unsuitable for the
respective community board. Furthermore, it may delete unhealthy or rude posts or comments
without any prior notice, and restrict the author’s usage of the “Service” as indicated in
Clause 5 below.
5) Posts and comments including the following contents are prohibited: ① violating a social
order or other fine custom ② impediment or slandering of “Company” business ③ attempting to
disparage a particular religion, race, region, nation, organization, or gender ④ producing,
sharing, or distributing an illegal program ⑤ sales or exchange of account or items ⑥
advertisement ⑦ attempting to impersonate management or “Company” employee ⑧ infringement of
personal information or defaming and deprecating others; contents which make others feel
unpleasant or uncomfortable ⑨ exchange of cash or spot goods ⑩ spamming with repetitive contents
⑪ anti-social behavior or contravening relevant legislation ⑫ irrelevant to the purpose of
respective board ⑬ posts and files with potential infringement of copyright.
6) Other than as regulated by each clause in Article 5, posts or comments may be deleted without
any prior notice according to the administrator’s judgment.
7) Circumstances which are not defined in this principle and the explanation of this principle
12. Changes in Service
1) “Company” may partially or entirely modify the “Service” with prior notice for operational
or technical purpose of the “Service” including new game content and various bug patches.
2) Customer may not claim for damages except for damages caused by closure of pay-services due
to changes of the “Service”. “Company” is not responsible for expected profit subsequent to
either “Service” usage or loss of benefits which “Company” did not provide directly.
< Supplementary Provision > This Operational Policy shall be effective starting October 23rd,